Sunday, June 20, 2010

Monster Dad's Father's Day 2010


Father's Day started out very nice today. I slept in a bit (which is a luxury when you have a one- and a four-year-old). The Wife and my Little Monster then brought in the sports section from the newspaper, the card the Monster had made for me and...Breakfast in Bed! Now, I had made breakfast in bed for the The Wife back on Mother's Day, but it was admittedly a pretty lame excuse for a breakfast. We didn't have a lot around the house at the time, so it consisted of tea, cereal with milk, toast with butter and jelly and a banana. I suppose it's the thought that counts. Anyway, MY breakfast in bed consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns and watermelon!

Next, my Little Monster accompanied me on a trip to the flea market. She was being very cute and charming everyone. I picked up a few old TV Guides from the 1970s + 80s that have some very cool ads for Creature Double Feature and other stuff. The Monster got a new (old) Barbie, a couple stuffed animals and a "Bolt" comic book (given to her by one of the people she charmed along the way).


Here she is hugging the Jolly Green Giant to prove she's not afraid of him (despite the fact that "He doesn't look like The Hulk, but he does a little bit."):




Here she is soon after declaring "Look Daddy, it's Tom Servo! Just kidding!":





And here she is with her new bear after the ride home (it was an exhausting shopping trip apparently):



Later in the day we all went to visit my parents to wish my Dad a Happy Father's Day. This was followed by a drop-in at the home of some friends. We only planned on stopping by to say "hi", but were invited to join their big Father's Day dinner of steak, chicken, bratwursts, baked mac & cheese, pasta salad and all the fixins! What a treat! Nothing like good company and good food.

There's still an hour left of Father's Day. Maybe I'll watch a little "Daddy" stuff. Perhaps an episode of "In Search of..." or "The Twilight Zone"? Perhaps a monster movie? Let's see what looks good...


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment