Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Separated at Birth 5: Lindsay Wagner and Julia Stiles




Okay, I REALLY did not intend for this whole Separated at Birth thing to become an ongoing series.  It's just that these strange and unexpected similarities keep popping up when I least expect them.  In this case we're actually going to be visiting a familiar "Separated at Birth" face.  Julia Stiles--star of such movies as "10 Things I Hate About You" (1999) and the "The Bourne Identity" trilogy (2002, 2004, 2007)--was one of the subjects of the very first Separated at Birth piece back in November 2011.  In that one she was linked to (of all people) Kiefer Sutherland.



This was not so much because of any real physical resemblance between the two actors, but more because of the fact that they looked strikingly similar in the posters or images from some of their best-known roles.  For Kiefer it was his pose atop a taxi for one of the seasons of his show "24" (2001-2010).  For Julia it was the poster for her movie "Save the Last Dance" (2001).




Other than the fact that "24" and "Save the Last Dance" both premiered in 2001 there's not a whole heck of a lot about them that's similar besides those two images.  Here's what I would see in my mind every time I encountered either one of them:



Strangely enough, the same image of Julia dancing seen above is behind this brand-new Separated at Birth example.  Lindsay Wagner is an actress best known for playing the role of The Bionic Woman back in the 1970s.  Other than both of them being attractive actresses with blond hair there isn't a whole lot of similarity between Lindsay and Julia.  But, at least in this case they're both females.

Julia Stiles

Lindsay Wagner (Then)

Lindsay Wagner (Now)

I have a collection of TV Guides from the 1970s and 80s that I use for researching stuff that I saw on TV back when I was a kid.  These old issues have given me plenty of nostalgic reading, as well as fuel for a lot of blog posts both here and (especially) at my other blog, TV Guide Time Machine.  One of these TV Guides, the May 8-14, 1976 issue, features a Lindsay Wagner cover that I just noticed looks very familiar for some reason.

TV Guide: May 8-14, 1976
Once again, something clicked in my warped brain.  Put the two images in question together and you just may be able to see some similarity.  Check it out for yourself:


Hey, who knows, maybe I've stumbled onto something huge here.  Could Julia Stiles be the secret love child of Kiefer Sutherland and Lindsay Wagner? I mean, they all certainly do have the same moves!  Just remember, you heard it here first!

If you just can't get enough of this Separated at Birth phenomenon, please feel free to check out the other installments in this growing series that you may have missed:


Until next time, keep your eyes open for strange and unexpected doppelgangers.  Something tells me there will be more to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment